18 Tips for Speakers
- Research your audience.
- Practice, practice, practice.
- Do relaxation exercises, just before you speak.
- Memorize your opening lines.
- Follow an outline, not a script - Know Your Subject.
- Quickly engage your audience with a question or humorous story.
- If you're not natural funny, speak for at least two to four minutes before using any humor.
- Never read to your audience, only read short quotes, otherwise summarize longer stories.
- Always allow time for audience participation and questions.
- Use props.
- Use visual aids to reinforce your points and increase audience retention.
- Avoid the #1 mistake in public speaking - failure to check and test your audio-visuale quipment beforehand.
- Know your subject.
- Speak to your audience as if you were having a conversation.
- Don’t stand still, move around.
- Look at one person long enough to deliver one complete thought and then repeat.
- Ask for referrals by providing a flyer about other programs you offer.
- Develop and sell back-of-the-room products for increased profits and promotion.
NOTE: GREAT SPEAKING is a FREE Newsletter for Presentations Skills Tips, Speaking 4 Money, Speaking Business Referrals, Speaker Marketing, Speaker Humor, Training, and other Public Speaking related Features. Click here for this free newsletter
To your success,
"Please notify me of any new posts"